Rural Physicians Group, LLC
Last modified: December 14, 2018
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Company’s website at ruralphysiciansgroup.com (including the services that we provide on this website, our “Website”) and describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information that we collect:
- On our Website, including our physicians’ portal; and
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party;
- us through other websites of ours; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website or through your use of the Website, including the third party (Drift.com, Inc.) that provides our “Rural Physicians Bot” on our Website.
If you are a physician, healthcare provider, or independent contractor who works with us or an entity from which we receive or to which we transmit protected health information, our privacy policies (except with respect to your use of the Website) are governed by any separate agreement or agreements that we may have with you. Your use of the physicians’ portal portion of the Website is governed by this Policy.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for use by children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use this Website or provide any information on or through it. If we learn that we have collected or received Personal Information, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 18 years of age who has provided information to us, please contact us at email@example.com.
Privacy Officer Information
We make decisions about how your information will be used. Our contact information is: Rural Physicians Group, 5575 DTC Parkway, Ste. 225, Greenwood Village, CO 80111. You can also contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and users who communicate with us, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, age, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other information that we collect through the Website that is defined as personal data, personal information, or personally identifiable information under an applicable law (“Personal Information”);
- required for us to identify and authenticate and secure your interactions with the Website;
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, your computer or digital device’s IP addresses (that is, a unique string of numbers that identifies each device using the Internet Protocol to communicate over the internet), and information collected through cookies and web beacons. (We describe what these are in the section of this Policy captioned “Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.”)
- From third parties.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided when you contact us through the Website (including your first and last name, your email address, your telephone number, and information that you post).
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website.
- Information that you submit through our Website when you correspond with us.
- Information that you provide to us when you call us or communicate with us by electronic mail. This includes information that you provide to us when you communicate with us regarding employment verification, credentialing, and opportunities.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, access times, accessed pages, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, domain name, operating system, browser type and language, and other unique identifying information, including information of devices that have our software downloaded and installed on them.
- Information about the timing and sizes of packets sent between you and the Website.
- Information about the pages from which you were referred to our Website.
- Information about your monitor or device screen resolution and color depth.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Information, or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Identify where you are located.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Identify you and ensure the security of our Website and the transmission and storage of data between you and us.
- Control unauthorized use or abuse of our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Personal Information is not collected by us via cookies and other tracking technologies. If you have previously provided Personal Information to us, however, cookies may be tied to such information.
Other Tracking Technologies
We advertise on Facebook and Google. Google and Facebook use tracking technologies to collect information when you click on our ads. We do not receive any Personal Information from them that would allow us to identify a specific user of our Website.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, to understand how our customers interact with our Website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on its servers in the United States or around the world. Google will use this information for analyzing your use of our website, generating reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
Google and Facebook store and process your personal information in the United States and elsewhere in the world.
If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see the Section titled “Choices You Have Over How We Use Your Personal Information and Personal Information that You Provide”, below.
How And Why We Use Your Information and the Information that You Provide
We use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you;
- To personalize and improve your experience with the Website;
- To provide you with information that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To notify you about changes to our Website and any services we offer or provide though it;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- To contact you and provide you with help if you have a customer service issue;
- If you are a physician and log in to our physicians’ portal, to provide you with information about our hospitals, policies, locations, and other information about our hospitals and services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How We Store Your Information
We use industry standard measures to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of your information once it is in our care. Our hosting provider has access to the servers that host our Website and has access to the servers on which your data is stored.
Disclosure and Sharing of Your Information and Information that You Provide
All Personal Information remains private with us and is not distributed, rented, shared or sold to any outside organizations without your consent except as described in this Policy. We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose or share information, including Personal Information, that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the assets of the Company, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, assignment for the benefit of creditors, liquidation, or similar proceeding, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, in which information, including Personal Information, held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To allow us to respond to your customer service issues.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your information, including Personal Information:
- To cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law, including to comply with any court order, law, or legal process (including responses to subpoenas), including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To prevent or to stop activity that we believe is illegal or unethical.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, and resolving disputes.
Choices You Have Over How We Use Your Personal Information and Personal Information that You Provide
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We are not, however, responsible for ensuring the confidentiality of your information, including Personal Information, if you choose to provide such information on our Website and opt to make such information accessible to all or some of the public. Any Personal Information you choose to provide should reflect how much you want others to know about you as the information that you provide to the Website may be broadly and quickly disseminated.
We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Changing the Information Provided to Us. You may review, update, correct or delete Personal Information or your account by sending an email to: email@example.com or a request to Rural Physicians Group, 5575 DTC Parkway, Ste. 225, Greenwood Village, CO 80111.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on NAI’s website here.
You may opt out of the automated collection of information by third-party ad networks for the purpose of delivering advertisements tailored to your interests, by visiting the consumer opt-out page for the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. You can edit or opt-out your Google Display Network ads’ preferences at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/.
If you would like to opt-out of Google Analytics for display advertising you may do so by using the Ads Preferences Manager. You can download an opt-out browser add-on that will allow you to opt out of Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You have rights to your Personal Information, and you can request to delete or transfer your Personal Information. You can review and change your some of your Personal Information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you provide us permission to use or disclose Personal Information about you, you may revoke that permission, in writing, at any time. If you revoke your permission, we will no longer use or disclose your Personal Information for the reasons covered by your written authorization. You understand that we are unable to take back any disclosures we have already made with your permission, and that we may by law be required to retain certain records that may include Personal Information that you have provided to us.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change or delete information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
For information about our third party service providers’ policies regarding access and correction of Personal Information, please see the section captioned “Third Party Services” below.
You may send us an email at jtrudell@ruralphysiciansgroup to withdraw any consents that you have provided us. We may not accommodate a request, for instance for deletion of Personal Information, if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
For information about our third party service providers’ policies regarding withdrawing consent, please see the section captioned “Third Party Services” below.
We will retain your Personal Information as long as we consider you to be an active or prospective user of our Website. Unless you request to delete your Personal Information, we will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you services, and to communicate with you about our services and opportunities. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your Personal Information to provide you services, please contact us at jtrudell@ruralphysiciansgroup or at the following postal address: Rural Physicians Group, 5575 DTC Parkway, Ste. 225, Greenwood Village, CO 80111. Deactivation of your account does not mean your Personal Information has been deleted from our database entirely. To request removal of your data, please send an email to jtrudell@ruralphysiciansgroup or a request to the following postal address: Rural Physicians Group, 5575 DTC Parkway, Ste. 225, Greenwood Village, CO 80111. While your account is active and even after it has been closed or you have requested deletion of your Personal Information, we will retain your Personal Information as long as we deem it reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
For information about our third party service providers’ policies regarding data retention, please see the section captioned “Third Party Services” below.
To request a copy of the Personal Information that we retain about you, please send an email to jtrudell@ruralphysiciansgroup or write us at: Rural Physicians Group, 5575 DTC Parkway, Ste. 225, Greenwood Village, CO 80111.
We will provide details on how to initiate a data transfer of any Personal Information that we have received from you upon request. For detailed information on this process, please reach out to our support team at jtrudell@ruralphysiciansgroup.
For information about our third party service providers’ policies regarding data portability, please see the section captioned “Third Party Services” below.
Third Party Services
We may share certain information, including Personal Information, that we collect about you with our service providers who perform functions on our behalf. These service providers may collect information based upon your use of our Website. Examples include providing chat services and customer service. These service providers are not expressly authorized by us to use or disclose Personal Information except as needed to perform their functions or comply with legal requirements, and they may not use it for any other purpose except as permitted by their privacy policies.
Our service providers include:
We have contracts with these third party service providers, and they are subject to the legal requirements of the jurisdictions in which they operate.
Please note that the links to our third party service providers’ privacy policies and the information contained within them may change from time to time, and the links provided above may not be current. If the links provided do not allow you to access the privacy policies, please notify us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not sell any contact or analytics data to any third party.
We will protect your information as described in this Policy if your Personal Information is transferred to these third parties and by us to other countries, but we do not control these third parties, including their tracking technologies and their use of the data that you provide to them directly or through or by means of the Website. We have provided links to these third party service providers’ privacy policies. While we will respond to any requests about your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy, please note that we may not be able to have these third parties fulfill requests with respect to your Personal Information. For instance, if you ask us to delete your Personal Information, we will delete the Personal Information that we possess about you in accordance with this Policy, but our third party service providers may have separate data retention policies. For instance, our hosting provider may have backup tapes of your Personal Information that it retains for some period of time, and your information may also be retained by Drift, Google and Facebook in accordance with their privacy policies.
By using our Website, you consent to your Personal Information being transferred to and from these third parties and processed and stored by them, and having them transfer your data to other countries, including countries that have different data protection rules than your country. We do not represent that our Website, the services provided on it, or these third party services are appropriate or available in any particular jurisdiction.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of certain forms of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: Rural Physician Group, 5575 DTC Parkway, Ste. 225, Greenwood Village, CO 80111.
California imposes certain legal requirements regarding “Do Not Track” disclosures. The internet browsers that you use to visit our Website may provide certain “Do Not Track” capabilities. Generally, browsers that have these features send a signal to web sites that inform the site operator that you do not wish for the site to track you. We do not respond to these signals because there is not yet a common understanding of how to process these signals or a consensus on what “tracking” means.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We implement the services of a third party hosting company to provide backup services.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you the ability to choose a password for access to certain parts of our Website or to obtain certain services available through the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website or in connection with the services offered on the Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
For information about our third party service providers’ policies regarding data security, please see the section captioned “Third Party Services” above.
Access to, Rectification of, Portability of or Erasure of Personal Information
To request access to or rectification, portability or erasure of your Personal Information, to object to processing, or to delete your account with us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Rural Physicians Group, 5575 DTC Parkway, Ste. 225, Greenwood Village, CO 80111.
International Data Transfers
Your files and information, including Personal Information, may be stored and processed in any country where we have operations or where we engage service providers. We and our service providers may transfer information, including Personal Information, that we retain about you to others (including service providers) located in countries other than the country in which we originally collected such information about you. Different countries have different data protection rules, and these rules may differ from those of the country where we collected your information, including Personal Information. We will, however, take measures to ensure that any such transfers comply with applicable data protection laws and that your Personal Information remains protected to the standards described in this Policy. Please be aware that in certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in other countries may be entitled to access your information, including your Personal Information.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Policy on this page with a notice that the Policy has been updated on the Website home page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ Personal Information, we will notify you by email to the email address specified in your account or through a notice on the Website home page. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this Policy to check for any changes.
Methods of Contact
From time to time, we may e-mail or contact you regarding important Company updates or feature announcements, as well as news from our partners. You may opt out of receiving emails or contacts from us by e-mailing our support team at email@example.com.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, please contact us:
By Mail: Rural Physicians Group, 5575 DTC Parkway, Ste. 225, Greenwood Village, CO 80111.
By Electronic Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you contact us, we collect information that helps us categorize your question, respond to it, and, if applicable, investigate any breach of our Terms of Service or this Policy. We also use this information to track potential problems and trends and customize our support responses to better serve you.